Monday, November 19, 2012

Experiments: Literal and Fictional



I have been  trying to broaden my artistic horizons for a while now. Between writing and photography, I've learned more about myself, and now have a better understanding of developing stories with light, shadow, description, and metaphors. Surrealistic images are my passion. I've tried to fight it, but things just are what they are. I can't be afraid of myself. The images I create and words I write are, yes, part of me. But they're also stories I would like to tell that have nothing to do with me. Ideas and characters are just that: they're works of fiction created by the mind. This doesn't mean they're part of me, it just means that I gave them life.

With that long introduction out of the way, I'll be adding another set of images to my blog. These will be drawings/sketches that may be either digitally created (on my phone via the Sketchbook Mobile Express app) or  physical drawings on paper. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes. It's exciting to see others' progression, as well as my one.

The photo above is part of the process I took in developing the photo below. This will be one of the drawing projects I will be working on in a series called "The Experiments."

Let me know what you think of the drawings, the Sketchbook application, or about your artistic endeavors.

Thanks for visiting!

The Experiments I: Communication Isolation

No comments:

Post a Comment