Friday, March 25, 2011

A Little Fashion

It's Sunday afternoon at the park. The sky is clear and the sun is warm. A soft breeze glides through leaves and grass. Children swing and slide, parents gossip, and the weekend warriors jog unknown stretches. My beautiful model watches the going-ons while I drive through the park. I almost give up hope in finding a good portrait spot when my eyes find an empty area. My hands steer toward the turn before my mind realizes what's going on. Call it fashion photography, portrait photography, or just photos of a pretty girl. At the end of the day I don't know what to do except for make photos. These are my favorites.



Taking photos of people is a scary prospect for me. Gesture, the way skin reflects light, and all my photographic skill all come into play. Using 35mm film really pushes my thought processes while slowing me down enough to appreciate each shot. I used a $10 lens with a pretty big blemish for all of these photos, so this is  proof that you need to use what's at your disposal. Whether it's using a pencil instead of paint, a George Foreman grill instead of Oneida, or a cellphone instead of a laptop for blogging, don't limit your art because of your tools. Maximize your tools in ways no one else ever thought of. Then your art is truly yours.








Thanks in advance for stopping by! As usual, comments are always welcome.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

2 comments:

  1. Definetly liking the one of cecilias face

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate it. She didn't want me to post the other couple I liked with her face. But eventually I'll make prints of those.

    ReplyDelete