Tuesday, May 10, 2011

1 minute

Two websites, one challenge. One: world renowned commercial photographer Chase Jarvis. Two: Blake Whitman, the face of Vimeo. They gave me a no-excuse reason to begin my foray into video. I used the Chase Jarvis rules which all work for Mr. Whitman's:

-no camera movement
-1 minute in length
-landscape
-no editing whatsoever
-keep it simple

I began my journey downtown, hoping to get somewhere high and record the river and people down low. That was a no go: the scene and I just weren't vibing. So I made my way back to familiar territory. The scene below is minutes from my house. It's a place I've been wanting to photograph for months and was too scared to park and walk over (construction area). A short walk in, shortened tripod legs, and focusing were all that was needed. The video is simple but the journey was the real point. It was definitely a step in the right direction. So thanks to both of them for the concept, and thanks to my wife for going along for the ride.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment