Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mistakes


The scariest part of any endeavor is failure. The prospect of letting yourself down is enough to motivate a photographic stupor. Not doing anything may seem to be a wise choice, but it's more of a catch-22. While not making an attempt will mean no negative results, it also means that nothing is learned or produced.

We need the freedom to make mistakes. I have a 365 project that's for me. I photograph something, anything, at least once a day and keep them organized so can look back. There are good days and bad days. I look back and understand the mistakes I've made and it serves as a sketch pad for future photography/videography. Mistakes then become more than just a stepping stone, but a path to better ideas and photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment